Mara Lopez from California
Member since July 2016
It's the best time of the month: Member Spotlight time! This month's Member Spotlight is Mara Lopez from California. Growing up with the snacks her dad brought back from Japan, Mara's had a life-long love for Japanese treats. She says it feels like Christmas each time she opens a new Bokksu, and this month it really is! Read what she has to say about his Bokksu experience:
1. How do you feel about being selected as our Bokksu Member Spotlight?
I feel honored because I really admire this company. It was very exciting to hear I would be the person for the member spotlight.
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
I love the packages and the different varieties that they offer. Sweet or savory they have something for every mood.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
My dad brought some back from Japan when I was little and that is when I fell in love with Japanese snacks. They were perfectly portioned and easy to put in my backpack for school.
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
I really enjoyed the July 2018 Bokksu: Citrus Refresh. It was so refreshing and I loved the various citus snacks that were included.
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
If I can resist eating it all at once, my Bokksu usually lasts about a week and a half.
6. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future Bokksu?
I would love to see more jelly type snacks. I really enjoy those ones the most.
7. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
I would like to see a collection of various snacks from different member spotlights. Then I could try snacks that are favorites of other members.
8. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
I am as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning.
9. What are you most excited about this Winter?
I love being able to enjoy warm tea and hot cocoa and other warm drinks. I look forward to the new things to come with each new year.
10. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?
Thanks for being this month's Member Spotlight Mara! It was great to hear your passion for Japanese snacks and food.