This month's Member Spotlight is Dennis Chin from New York! He's been a long-time member of the Bokksu Family for almost two years now, and I'm so happy he agreed to share his insights on Bokksu and Japanese snacks! Read more about him here:
1. How do you feel about being selected as our Bokksu Member Spotlight?
I feel special! And I feel great about sharing my love for my Bokksu subscription! Bokksu snacks totally perk up my day :)
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
I love the diversity and depth of flavors in Japanese snacks. Snacks here in the U.S. are, for the most part, fairly one-dimensional in their flavors. Knowing my Bokksu is coming definitely helps me ignore that large bag of Doritos staring at me from the grocery shelf.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
Definitely that Yuzu-themed box. I could've eaten a whole box of those Yuzu sandwich cookies. I typically share my Bokksu with a few of my colleagues but when I got that box, I ate all of it in secret #sorrynotsorry
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
I'm trying to make it last longer, but most times, I go through it in a few days. I can't stop!
6. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
Repeat the Yuzu-themed box!
7. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
Joy, hunger... Slight guilt for eating more per serving than I should. And, figuring out how to upcycle that gorgeous, sturdy box.
8. Where in Japan would you like to visit one day? Why?
I just re-watched My Neighbor Totoro which makes me want to visit the Japanese countryside.
9. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?
Okonomiyaki, especially with the moving bonito flakes. I'll eat the whole thing myself. So yummy!!