Jennifer Loh from New York
Member since September 2016
I'm thrilled to introduce this month's Member Spotlight, Jennifer Loh! She has been a devoted member of the Bokksu Family since 2016 and we had the privilege of having her as our Member Spotlight! From Hon Takasagoya to uni sashimi, customers like Jennifer are exactly why we love what we do! We hope to continue sharing our mutual love for Japanese snacks Jennifer! Read on to find out more about her:
1. How do you feel about being selected as our Bokksu Member Spotlight?
This is super cool! I never thought I would get picked and I feel very honored.
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
How delicate the flavors are and not just super uber sweet.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
I have a lot of fond memories of Japanese snacks from my childhood. My parents used to get wafers from Hon Takasagoya for the holidays when I was growing up. Everything is just so pretty, fun and delightful.
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
By far, OH! Yaki Toukibi popcorn snacks!
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
Depends where I send it to. At home, probably 80% by mid-month and the rest for the remaining days. At work, two days max, everyone just looks out for a bright orange box.
6. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future Bokksu?
Anything handmade/ you can't get anywhere.
7. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
Manga/ Anime theme!
8. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
It's like a birthday present every month.
9. What are you most exited about this summer?
I’m most excited about non-stop gelato and getting my butt off the couch to work out.
10. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?
Soba and uni sashimi!